Mind & Body Studio Etiquette
The information and guidelines given below, allows each participant to practice Pilates and Yoga in a comfortable, professional and inviting environment. We kindly ask that you read and follow these points in the best way possible, for you ALL to enjoy your wonderful Mind & Body Studio.
Preparing for your Pilates and Yoga Class
- Register for your class at the fitness reception as soon as possible and take the correct ticket with you. You will give the ticket to your teacher at the beginning of the class.
- Arrive for the class on time. Pilates and Yoga are Mind & Body styles of exercise, classes are quiet, calm and require focus and concentration. Arriving late can cause disruptions for everyone.
- Important movements are performed at the beginning of the class and are designed to prepare you. If you miss these important movements, for safety reasons, it is possible that you may not be able to attend the class.
- For comfort and freedom of movement, clothing with belts, zips and studs should not be worn as they restrict your movement and can also easily damage mats and equipment.
- Socks are required for Pilates, Yoga is without socks. If you prefer to wear socks for both, invest in good quality non-slip socks.
- You will not sweat as you do when working out in the gym or attending fitness classes so clean and dry socks and clothing must be worn for hygiene purposes and for the consideration of other class participants. To remove sweat and oil, you may even wish to take a shower prior to joining the class if you have had an intense fitness work out or a massage. As well as due to hygiene and for the consideration of others, it is known that sweat and oil can disintegrate mats and damage the Pilates and Yoga equipment.
Arriving for your Pilates and Yoga Class
- We wish to take care of you. Kindly use the hand sanitizer provided for your hands and feet.
- If you need to use tissues, kindly tuck the tissue into your clothing to reduce the spreading of bacteria.
- To create the appropriate environment, mobile phones must be switched off at the beginning of the class. Remember this is your time to focus, concentrate, relax and be calm.
- An area is provided for your personal items. A shoe rack for your footwear and hooks for hanging your towel, locker key and clothing.
- You will find that you do not need to drink during the class. We recommend that you take a sip of water before you start then leave your water bottle in the area provided. It would be such a pity if the class had to finish early due to water bottles being knocked over during the class.
- Pilates and Yoga are movement disciplines which work from head to toe and there are many wonderful exercises for the neck and shoulders which help to strengthen and relieve tension. If your hair is long we suggest tying it up as this allows you to perform movements better.
During your Pilates and Yoga Class
- Your Pilates and Yoga teachers will guide and assist you throughout the class from beginning to end. Try to follow her as much as possible and you will improve. For that reason it is in your best interest to work quietly and remain focused whilst listening to her guidance.
- Chewing during the class greatly inhibits the effects of practicing Pilates and Yoga. It is quite difficult to breathe correctly whilst chewing and both Pilates and Yoga require you to breathe in specific ways.
- There is much for you to enjoy and learn. When using the Pilates and Yoga equipment, use them in the way you are shown by your teacher.
- Commit to staying for the whole class, 45 minutes passes quickly and we are eager for you to benefit from the class in its entirety.